Hermetic storage technology has emerged as a significant alternative to other methods of food grain storage that protect commodities from insect and molds. This technology is also called as Sealed /Airtight Storage . It is a form of bio-generable Modified Atmosphere (MA).
Application of Hermetic Storage:
1. Long term storage of cereal grains, primary rice, corn, barley, wheat etc.
2. Long term storage of variety of seeds to preserve germination potential and vigor.
3. Quality preservation of high value commodities like cocoa and coffee.
Advantage of Hermetic Storage:
1. Low oxygen and high CO2 atmosphere prevent infestation (mold & insects)
2. Preventing entry of moisture
3. Protection from rodents
4. H.S. is sustainable, cost effective and green technology which makes use
of pesticides and fumigants in post harvest and seed storage unnecessary.
5. AgroRipe can provide solutions for building H.S. warehouses.